Valentine's Sweet Gift - For my colleagues this year, I decided to make sugar cookies with peppermint frosting (I completely cheated & used slice & bake cookie rolls that I rolled flat & cut large circle shapes out of, but you can make them from scratch if you'd like)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Roll out and cut shapes out of the dough (I used a large circle) and bake for 10-13 min
3. Make peppermint frosting:
Ingredients Needed: 1/4 cup butter, softened 1 (3 oz.) pkg cream cheese, softened 2 cups powdered sugar 1 Tbsp milk 1/8 tsp peppermint extract
Beat butter & cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating at low speed until blended. Increase speed to medium, and gradually add milk and peppermint extract, beating until smooth. Keep in refrigerator until ready to use.
4. While cookies are cooling, prepare decorative envelope (CD envelopes work great for this - I used red ones for the Valentine effect) - I printed 2" round labels on Avery.com with Valentine Hearts that said "Made With Love By Jen" - these labels are clear so I placed them in the center of the window portion of the envelope so the cookie can still be seen through it
5. Once cookies have cooled, ice them, wait for them to set, then insert in the envelopes with parchment paper to keep any grease from soaking into the paper of the envelope & seal (I used my company logo sticker to seal the envelopes).
It's a quick and easy project to let everyone know how much you care. These are great for co-workers or parties.